Jan 29, 2009

London darkrooms



Richard Nicholson about his series of Londons last professional darkrooms:
"1979 was the year my father constructed a darkroom and introduced me to photography. I was immediately entranced by the printing process, and I cherished the long hours spent in this dark, silent, private space. Ever since the darkroom has been integral to my work as a photographer. But for how much longer?
Labs are closing their doors - Joe’s Basement, Primary, Metro Clerkenwell, Metro Soho have all gone. Polaroid has stopped making instant film. Clients are demanding the immediate feedback of digital photography. This project, shot on 4″x 5″film, documents London’s remaining professional darkrooms."
via nerdcore
Photograph: © Richard Nicholson

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Top Liste - by TopBlogs.de Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Blogverzeichnis - Blog Verzeichnis bloggerei.de Add to Technorati Favorites